The academic activities will be organized at the Antonio Machado Headquarters (Baeza), although at the request of the organizers, the organization can be considered in another of the University's headquarters (La Rábida, Málaga or Seville), between October 2019 and March 2020.
Precise dates within that period will be determined by the UNIA, once the general program is decided. In any case, suggestions about dates would be considered, if possible.
- Indications about organization
The duration of the workshops will be three days (two full days and the third one with just a morning session).
The working language will be English.
The workshops include sessions with scientific talks given by the speakers, and poster sessions presented by the participants.
The total number of speakers is, in general, up to a maximum of 15 (organizers included).
The maximum number of speakers from non-European countries is 6 (organizers included). Geographical origin is referred to the country in which the research center is located and not to nationality or birthplace of the speaker.
The maximum number of participants is 35. Therefore, the workshops will have a maximum total attendance of around 50 people.
Participants will also contribute scientifically to the workshop by presenting a poster to communicate their results.
The organizers will select some posters, so that their authors also present their results with a short talk.
- Proposal submission
Proposals can be submitted by highly experienced and prestigious researchers in the corresponding field, with any academic degree or professional category.
Organizers can be three as maximum, and they will be speakers too.
Proposals to organize International Workshops on Environment must be sent by e-mail until June 15th 2019 (included), to the following address:
Proposals must be written in English, and must include:
- Workshop title
- Curriculum vitae of the organizers
- Description of the workshop subject (3 pages)
- Justification of its interest (2 pages)
- Justified list of invited speakers, indicating 3 selected publications of the last 5 years for each speaker
- Draft of the preliminary program of the workshop, indicating the scientific sessions and relating the speakers with the corresponding titles or topics of their talks
- Positive responses of the invited speakers (or most of them)
- Co-funding institutions and funding commitment (if any)
Proposals will be analyzed and evaluated by the Committee of Experts on Environment of the UNIA, who will report their conclusions to the Postgraduate Studies Committee.
The Committee of Experts on Environment of the UNIA is composed of the following members:
- Fernando Pliego Alfaro. Catedrático de la Universidad de Málaga. Departamento de Fisiología Vegetal, Facultad de Ciencias. Director del Instituto Andaluz de Biotecnología.
- Pedro Ruiz Ortiz. Catedrático de la Universidad de Jaén. Departamento de Geología. Director del CEACTierra y Coordinador del Programa de doctorado TIERRAMAN.
- Miguel Ferrer Baena. Investigador Científico del Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas en la Estación Biológica de Doñana (EBD) de Sevilla.
- María Luz Loureiro García. Catedrática de la Universidade de Santiago de Compostela (USC). Departamento de Fundamento de Análisis Económico. Facultad de Ciencias Económicas.
- Eduarda Molina Alcaide. Profesora de Investigación del Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas en la Estación Experimental del Zaidín (CSIC, Granada). Departamento de Fisiología y Bioquímica de la Nutrición Animal.
The Committee of Experts on Environment of the UNIA will select a maximum of three proposals and will forward them to the Postgraduate Studies Committee, considering the following criteria, with the following priority order:
- Scientific quality of the proposal
- International relevance in the corresponding field of the organizers and invited speakers
- Relationships of the organizers with scientific institutions of Andalusia.
- Sponsorship by some public or private institution linked to the workshop topic and co-funding commitment
- Geographical origin of speakers as diverse as possible
- Firm contacts made by the organizers with the invited speakers, showing a clear will and intention from them to participate in the corresponding workshop
- Serious commitment by organizers or invited speakers to write a meeting review or report (after the workshop) and publish it in a good scientific journal, with a satisfactory Science Citation Index
Selected and non-selected proposals will be forwarded to the Board of Governance of the International University of Andalusia (UNIA) for the final decision.
Once a proposal is approved by the Board of Governance of the UNIA, the organizers will be in contact with the Vice-Chancellor of Education and Research.
- Responsibility of the organizers
The organizers will decide, according to their proposal, the aim and schedule of the corresponding workshop. They will issue the final invitation to the speakers once the workshop date is fixed definitively, requesting a positive answer from them. At a proper time, the organizers will design the final workshop program and scientific sessions.
It is particularly important that organizers are actively involved in the dissemination and publicity of the workshop as well as in the recruitment of participants.
The organizers will send a brief scientific report to the University after the workshop with suggestions and comments.
- Invited speakers
Invited speakers must be related to the workshop topic and will be selected according to academic and professional criteria. They must be top-level, highly experienced investigators in the corresponding field.
In any case, speakers (organizers included) must send the abstract of their talks in the period established by the organizers.
Organizers and invited speakers will not receive an honorarium for their lectures. They will be attached to the rules established by the Management of the University concerning travel and accommodation arrangements.
The Program International Workshops in Environment, 2019/2020, will be funded by the UNIA from the general budget, for the items and amount proposed by the University Board of Governance.
However, it is essential for the UNIA that proposals consider the collaboration with public or private institutions for funding or institutional support.
To that effect, the organizers must be actively involved in negotiations in order to get sponsorships that contribute with economic resources to the funding of the workshop. It is very advisable to establish in advance the co-funding commitments already existing.