Workshops "Current Trends in Biomedicine"
PROGRAMME “CURRENT TRENDS IN BIOMEDICINE” 2019
The FOUR workshops “Current Trends in Biomedicine” to be held at the "Sede Antonio Machado" (Baeza, Spain) in autumn 2019 are (for more information, please also click at the bottom on "General Information" and "Application and registration") :
“From cancer to developmental defects: the control of DNA segregation and human disease”
14-16 October 2019
- Adele L. Marston (Wellcome Centre Cell Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh. Edinburgh, UK)
- Fernando Monje-Casas (Centro Andaluz de Biología Molecular y Medicina Regenerativa (CABIMER), Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC). Sevilla, Spain)
- Joan Roig (Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona (IBMB-CSIC). Barcelona, Spain)
DEADLINE: 26 JULY 2019.
- More (and updated) Information by clicking at the right side on "MORE INFO CANCER DEVEL DNA SEGREGATION"
“From Genes to Organisms: Transcriptional Control in Development and Disease”
28-30 October 2019
- Eileen E. M. Furlong (Genome Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL). Heidelberg, Germany)
- Darío G. Lupiáñez (Epigenetics and Sex Development Group, Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology, Max-Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine. Berlin-Buch, Germany)
- Axel Visel (Environmental Genomics and Systems Biology Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Berkeley, USA)
The EMBO Keynote Lecture by Christiane Nüsslein-Volhard (Max-Planck-Institut für Entwicklungsbiologie. Tübingen, Germany)
DEADLINE: 6 SEPTEMBER 2019
- More (and updated) information by clicking at the up-right side on "MORE INFO GENES ORG TRANSCR CONTROL"
“Actin-based mechanosensation and force generation in health and disease”
11-13 November 2019
- Alexis Gautreau (Ecole Polytechnique / CNRS UMR7654, Institut Polytechnique de Paris. Paris, France)
- Pekka Lappalainen (Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki. Helsinki, Finland)
- Miguel Vicente-Manzanares (Centro de Investigación del Cáncer-Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular del Cáncer, CIC-IBMCC (CSIC-Universidad de Salamanca). Salamanca, Spain)
The EMBO Keynote Lecture by Laura M. Machesky (CRUK Beatson Institute and Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Glasgow. Glasgow, UK)
DEADLINE: 13 SEPTEMBER 2019
- More (and updated) information by clicking at the up-right side on "MORE INFO ACTIN MECHANOSENSATION"
“Molecular causes of primary microcephaly and related diseases”
18-20 November 2019
- Fanni Gergely (Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, University of Cambridge. Cambridge, UK)
- Ciaran G. Morrison (Centre for Chromosome Biology, School of Natural Sciences, National University of Ireland Galway. Galway, Ireland)
- Travis H. Stracker (Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB Barcelona), The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology. Barcelona, Spain)
DEADLINE: 20 SEPTEMBER 2019
- More (and updated) information by clicking at the up-right side on "MORE INFO PRIMARY MICROCEPHALY"
Biomedicine is a prime concern at the Universidad Internacional de Andalucía (UNIA). In this context, the University continues in 2019 the programme "Current Trends in Biomedicine", started in 2004.
The purpose of these workshops is to promote and improve international cooperation and scientific exchanges on the Biomedicine field, thus promoting and facilitating scientific interaction, specially between Andalusian researchers and the international scientific community.
The conferences will be held over a three day period at UNIA's head office, Sede Antonio Machado, in Baeza (Andalusia, Spain) and the working language will be English. Sede Antonio Machado is in Plaza Santa María, in the historic city centre, facing the Cathedral. The head office has all the facilities required to host this series of workshops: computer room, library, class-rooms, and meeting rooms. It also has a hall of residence where those attending the conferences will be accommodated. Thus, social interaction and informal discussions will be facilitated.
Sede Antonio Machado offers the added advantage of being in the World Heritage city of Baeza (pop.:17,000).
The guest speakers are highly prestigious researchers with broad experience in the field concerned.
Attendance is restricted to 35 people, to complete a group of around 50, including the guest speakers. A certain number of places will be reserved for doctoral students and young PhDs. Participants are encouraged to exhibit a poster to communicate their outcomes. The organizers will select some of the submitted poster abstracts, so that their authors can present, in addition to the poster, a short talk (15-20 min.).
Applicants submitting a poster abstract will have preference in the selection procedure (if necessary), and participants without presenting a poster will be accepted only in case of available participation places when the application period is over.
All speakers and participants will be accommodated (if desired) in the residence hall at Sede Antonio Machado, where the workshops will be held.
Application and registration
Application and registration
Applicants must fill the Application form and send it, together with:
- A summary of the current research work of candidate
- A summary for the Poster (no more than one page, giving the title, authors, research centre, address and an abstract of the communication)
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), you are informed that the personal data which may be collected will be incorporated and processed in some of the files of the Universidad Internacional de Andalucía (UNIA); the data is able to be disclosed as foreseen by the Law.
The autority responsible for the data is:
UNIA: Secretaría General (Secretary-General)
C/ Américo Vespucio nº 2, Isla de la Cartuja
41092 – SEVILLA, SPAIN
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure and objection contacting in writing with the above mentioned address, to the attention of the Data Protection Delegate, or sending an e-mail to RGPD@unia.es, or going to the Customer Service of any of the headquarters of the UNIA.
Your fundamental right to data protection.
Please send the completed Application Form and attached documents as separate Word files, in a single e-mail message, to Workshops.Biomed@unia.es, not later than the deadline for every workshop summoned for 2018.
The successful applicants will be notified after the selection takes place (after the deadline). Once their participation is confirmed, they will receive payment instructions and will have to pay the registration fee by bank transfer, as well as the fee for accommodation and meals, if desired.
There are not scholarships for participants of these workshops.
Prices for the workshops "Current Trends in Biomedicine" 2018 are given below:
Registration: 175 €
Accommodation (shared room) and meals: 150 € (3 days with breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Bank: La Caixa
IBAN (International Bank Account Number): ES78 21009166752200074348
SWIFT (BIC): CAIXESBBXXX
*Selected participants, after receiving payment instructions, must indicate the full name and the workshop title in the bank transfer. After the payment they will be requested to send a copy of the bank document to Workshops.Biomed@unia.es
*Bank charges for the transfer are to be paid by the conference attendees
Call for proposals
Call for proposals
There is an open call for proposals, until June 15th 2019, in order to organize workshops of the series "Current Trends in Biomedicine".
The workshops corresponding to the proposals selected by the Advisory Board for Biomedicine and approved by the Board of Governance of the UNIA will be held IN OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2020.
More information about this call for proposals by clicking al the right side on "CALL CURRENT TRENDS BIOMED" (English) or "RESOLUCION CONV CURR TRE BIOMED 2020" (Spanish)