Workshops "Current Trends in Biomedicine"
PROGRAMME “CURRENT TRENDS IN BIOMEDICINE” 2017
The FOUR workshops “Current Trends in Biomedicine” to be held at the "Campus Antonio Machado" (Baeza, Spain) in autumn 2017 are (for more information, please also click at the bottom on "General Information" and "Application and registration") :
“Synapse formation, specification and elimination: from molecules to circuits”
25-27 September 2017
- Rafael Fernández-Chacón (Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla (IBiS) HUVR/CSIC/Universidad de Sevilla and CIBERNED. Sevilla, Spain)
- Thomas C. Südhof (Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine. Stanford, USA)
DEADLINE: 21 JULY 2017
- More Information by clicking at the right side on "MORE INFO SYNAPSE FORM SPECIF ELIMINATION"
“Understanding the Beneficial Role of the Microbiota in Animals and Plants”
9-11 October 2017
- Gabriel Núñez (Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School. Ann Arbor, USA)
- Paul Schulze-Lefert (Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research. Cologne, Germany)
DEADLINE: 21 JULY 2017
- More information by clicking at the right side on "MORE INFO MICROBIOTA ANIMALS PLANTS"
“Noncoding RNA-mediated metabolic regulation in health and disease”
6-8 November 2017
- Carlos Fernández-Hernando (Yale University School of Medicine. New Haven, USA)
- Santiago Lamas (Centro de Biología Molecular "Severo Ochoa", CSIC-Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Madrid, Spain)
DEADLINE: 8 SEPTEMBER 2017
- More information by clicking at the up-right side on "MORE INFO NONCODING RNA METABOLIS"
“Chromosomal Instability: From Molecular Mechanisms to Disease”
13-15 November 2017
- Guillermo de Cárcer (Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO). Madrid, Spain)
- Pablo Huertas (Centro Andaluz de Biología Molecular y Medicina Regenerativa (CABIMER); Universidad de Sevilla. Sevilla, Spain)
- Andrés J. López-Contreras (Center for Chromosome Stability (CCS) and Center for Healthy Aging, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen. Copenhagen, Denmark)
DEADLINE: 15 SEPTEMBER 2017
- More information by clicking at the up-right side on "MORE INFO CHROMOSOMAL INSTABIL"
Biomedicine is a prime concern at the Universidad Internacional de Andalucía (UNIA). In this context, the University continues in 2017 the programme "Current Trends in Biomedicine", started in 2004.
The purpose of these workshops is to promote and improve international cooperation and scientific exchanges on the Biomedicine field, thus promoting and facilitating scientific interaction, specially between Andalusian researchers and the international scientific community.
The conferences will be held over a three day period at UNIA's head office, Campus Antonio Machado, in Baeza (Andalusia, Spain) and the working language will be English. Campus Antonio Machado is in Plaza Santa María, in the historic city centre, facing the Cathedral. The head office has all the facilities required to host this series of workshops: computer room, library, class-rooms, and meeting rooms. It also has a hall of residence where those attending the conferences will be accommodated. Thus, social interaction and informal discussions will be facilitated.
Campus Antonio Machado offers the added advantage of being in the World Heritage city of Baeza (pop.:17,000).
The guest speakers are highly prestigious researchers with broad experience in the field concerned.
Attendance is restricted to 35 people, to complete a group of around 50, including the guest speakers. A certain number of places will be reserved for doctoral students and young PhDs. Participants are encouraged to exhibit a poster to communicate their outcomes. The organizers will select some of the submitted poster abstracts, so that their authors can present, in addition to the poster, a short talk (15-20 min.).
Applicants submitting a poster abstract will have preference in the selection procedure (if necessary), and participants without presenting a poster will be accepted only in case of available participation places when the application period is over.
All speakers and participants will be accommodated (if desired) in the residence hall at Campus Antonio Machado, where the workshops will be held.
Application and registration
Application and registration
Applicants must fill the Application form and send it, together with:
- A summary of the current research work of candidate
- A summary for the Poster (no more than one page, giving the title, authors, research centre, address and an abstract of the communication)
In compliance with the Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the Protection of Personal Data, the International University of Andalusia (UNIA) informs you that the personal data collected will be incorporated in a file whose controller is the UNIA, established in Monasterio Santa María de las Cuevas, c/ Américo Vespucio nº 2, 41092 - Sevilla, with the purpose of managing your application.
The data is able to be disclosed to other Public Administrations as foreseen by law and to BNV.
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure and objection by writing to LOPD Area at the direction mentioned above, joining a photocopy of your identity card or passport, or mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or attending to the services of attention to the public in any headquarters of the UNIA.
By firming this form you give your consent to the transfer of the identity data, within the educational activity, to the lecturers established in countries outside the European Union.
Please send the completed Application Form and attached documents as separate Word files, in a single e-mail message, to Workshops.Biomed@unia.es, not later than the deadline for every workshop summoned for 2017.
The successful applicants will be notified after the selection takes place (after the deadline). Once their participation is confirmed, they will receive payment instructions and will have to pay the registration fee by bank transfer, as well as the fee for accommodation and meals, if desired.
There are not scholarships for participants of these workshops.
Prices for the workshops "Current Trends in Biomedicine" 2017 are given below:
Registration: 175 €
Accommodation (shared room) and meals: 150 € (3 days with breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Bank: La Caixa
IBAN (International Bank Account Number): ES78 21009166752200074348
SWIFT (BIC): CAIXESBBXXX
*Selected participants, after receiving payment instructions, must indicate the full name and the workshop title in the bank transfer. After the payment they will be requested to send a copy of the bank document to Workshops.Biomed@unia.es
*Bank charges for the transfer are to be paid by the conference attendees
Call for proposals
Call for proposals
There was an open call for proposals, until June 15th 2017, in order to organize workshops of the series "Current Trends in Biomedicine".
The workshops corresponding to the proposals selected by the Advisory Board for Biomedicine and approved by the Board of Governance of the UNIA would be held IN OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2018.